Begin your academic adventure in Turkey. Excellent news! The Turkey Government Scholarship is presently available. This post will go into detail regarding this scholarship, its benefits, and the application process.
Turkey Government Award 2024-2025 is a fully paid international student award. This grant is available for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral study. Turkiye Burslari Scholarship includes a monthly stipend of up to 1600 TL, tuition, return aircraft ticket, health insurance, and housing.
Aside from worldwide-level educational possibilities and a wealth of knowledge and expertise, Turkey also offers scholarships to excellent international students from all over the world to study at Turkey’s most prominent universities.
Turkey Scholarships is a government-funded, competitive scholarship program that awards scholarships to outstanding students to pursue full-time or short-term studies at Turkey’s leading universities. Turkey Scholarships aspires to create a network of future leaders committed to enhancing international cooperation and mutual understanding.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Various Universities
- Study in: Turkey
- Deadline: January 10 – February 20, 2024
- Computer Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Food Engineering
The Turkish government provides free Turkish scholarships to international students worldwide. They also cover nearly all subjects and degrees of study: bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D.
It depends on the program.
- 4 years for bachelor + 1 Year Turkish language preparation year.
- Master’s: 1 year Turkish Language course + 2 year
- PhD: 1 year Turkish Language course + 4 years
The following perks will be provided to the recipient of the Turkey Government Scholarship:
- University and program placement
- Tuition Fee
- Return Flight Ticket
- Health Insurance
- One-year Turkish Language Course
- Monthly Stipend:
- Undergraduate: 1000 TL per month
- Master’s: 1400 TL per month
- PhD: 1800 TL per month
Eligibility Criteria for Turkey Government Scholarship
To be eligible for a Turkey Government Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English or Turkish
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Minimum Academic Criteria:
- Minimum academic achievement for Bachelor’s degree applicants: 70%
- Minimum academic achievement for Master’s and Doctorate applicants: 75%
- Minimum academic achievement for Health Science (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) applicants: 90%
- Age Criteria:
- To be under the age of 21 for Undergraduate programs
- To be under the age of 30 for Master’s programs
- To be under the age of 35 for Doctorate programs
- Eligible Groups:
- Citizens of all countries
- Graduates or applicants who can graduate at the end of the current academic year (before August 2022)
- Researchers and academicians
- Non-Eligible Groups:
- Turkish citizens and those who have lost Turkish citizenship
- Students already registered in Turkish universities at the level of study they are applying for
- Other Requirements
- You must be certified in TOEFL or IELTS (The Test of English as a Foreign Language). If you want to study in English, the certification is an international standard that indicates you are proficient enough to enroll in a course at a university.
- It is advised that you present an official academic record that includes all certificates, courses, and grades earned during your academic career.
- You must submit a letter explaining why you want to participate in this scholarship program. If your Statement of Purpose has to be improved and critical points are missing from your SOP, you may be rejected.
- Applicants should not have any medical issues.
- Please check the requirements throughout the application period for any extra application requirements for short-term scholarship programs.
How to Apply for a Turkish Government Scholarship?
Please follow the steps below to apply for a Turkey Government Scholarship:
(1) Create an account on the scholarship website by clicking here.
- Candidates must submit their applications individually here
- There are no authorized institutions or individuals to apply for Türkiye Scholarships.
- Candidates are highly recommended to read the directions and warnings in the application system thoroughly.
- Applicants must submit and upload the needed documents to the application system.
- Applications submitted by mail, courier, or hand will not be accepted.
- Applications are completely free.
- Türkiye Scholarships involve both a scholarship and university placement. Applicants will be assigned to a university and program based on the 12 preferences they select in the application system.
(2) Upload the Required Documents to the website and complete the application.
(3) During the online application process, all candidates must submit the following documents:
- A valid National Identification Card OR a Passport
- A current photo of the applicant (Please keep in mind that the photo you submit into the application system must be a proper portrait of yourself; not identifiable candidate photos may jeopardize the review of your application).
- National exam results (needed for candidates who lack an international qualification or certification)
- Graduation diploma or interim certificate
- Academic transcripts (online screenshots and uncertified transcripts will jeopardize your application’s evaluation)
- International exam scores (GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YS, and so on, if necessary by the chosen university and program)
- Scores on language tests (if necessary by the chosen university and program)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (only for PhD candidates)
Here is everything you need to know about this scholarship, and if you have any further questions, please contact us here.