2023 Fellowship of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) — You can continue your education anywhere in the world. Current openings for the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this fellowship, its perks, and how to apply.
International students can apply for the fully funded International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2022–2023. The recipient of this fellowship will receive a stipend of up to $50,000 USD to help with living expenses and round-trip transportation.
Young ophthalmologists from all around the world who intend to do basic or clinical research at a particular university are eligible for the ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship. Enhancing ophthalmic education to improve eye care and contribute to the conservation and restoration of vision globally is one of the key goals and duties of the ICO. The ICO offers educational projects and programs to expand and advance ophthalmic education, particularly in poor countries, in order to uphold this commitment.
||Depending on the Selected program.
||Research fellowship/ Postdoctoral
||The chosen university,(preferably in a foreign country where they live)
||Any Country in the World
|Application closing date
||March 31 / September 30 ( each year)
The recipient of an International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship will receive a stipend of up to $50,000 USD to help with living expenses and round-trip transportation.
Criteria for Fellowship with the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO)
Application requirements for International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship must include the following:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- Research Requirements:
- Description of previous work in the field of the application
- Detailed CV, including detailed publications list and impact factors
- Endorsement of the current program director
- Feasibility confirmation of chosen host university
- A detailed description of how research work should be continued during the fellowship
- Sustainability statement, e.g., confirmation from the present program director that the applicant may return after his/her fellowship and resume his/her position.
- Basic Requirements:
- Minimum 12 months of research training.
- Online application on the ICO website.
- Applications will be accepted for research work in the following sub-specialties: Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Retina, Tumours, Uveitis, Dry Eye, and Cornea.
- Copy of specialist exam in ophthalmology that must be successfully passed.
- Applicant must be reasonably fluent in the language of the fellowship training center.
- Applicant must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying.
- The ICO recommends that candidates pass one or more ICO exams. We consider this in the assessment of applications From HERE.
- Applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will receive special consideration to know more about members of the ICO click HERE.
- To know more about the Eligibility Requirements click here.
The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship Application Process
To apply for this fellowship, please do the following steps:
- You will need to create an ICO Account if you do not already have one.
- Select a Fellowship: After identifying your country, the ICO Fellowship(s) you are eligible for will be shown.
- Complete Eligibility Check: You will be asked to provide information in order to determine if you are eligible to receive the selected ICO Fellowship.
- ICO Eligibility Review: After your information is submitted to the ICO your eligibility will be determined. You will be notified of the decision and asked to complete the application or informed that you are not eligible.
- Apply to a Host Training Center: If you are eligible, you will select and apply to a host. Please note that you may only apply to one host at a time.
- Host Application Review: Your request will be reviewed by the host you have selected. If accepted, you will need to confirm details agreed upon between you and the host. If your request is declined, you will need to select another host.
- Fellowship Application Submitted: You will be notified that your application is complete and will be reviewed by the appropriate ICO Fellowship Committee.
For more information click on their website